Welcome to St Joseph’s Parish
Welcome to our parish community. We strive to be an open and welcoming community committed to providing opportunity for all to Encounter Jesus.
The office is attended Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 9am to 1pm. We are currently located at Warner’s Bay while our office is undergoing some maintenance (Shop 2/24 Lake Street, Warners Bay).
We are not the owners of our lives and possessions. Everything that we are and have is a gift. We need to be mindful of how we use our life talents and possessions not only for our good but also for the good of others.
Each of us has been gifted by God with a uniqueness with a personality, with aptitudes, skills and talents with a particular way of being and doing – all of which makes up this special person, different from any other person who exists, has ever existed or will exist. Let us recognise the gift of God in one another.
- for the Holy Spirit’s guidance for the Vision Team as they plan a future for our Parish.
- for the children staff and youth returning to study and settling into Term 3.
- for those going to World Youth Day that they be safe and have time for growth in their existing and new relationships.
- that some among us will respond to the call for volunteers needed for Sunday Mass.
- for courage to face the challenges that come from living our faith, as we strive to build the kingdom of God here on earth and to make the love of Jesus better known – even in the face of opposition and hardships.
- for the seriously ill who suffer and for those for whom there is little hope.
- that we never tire of asking Jesus for the gifts of faith and humility rather than for answers and proofs.
See our Parish Calendar for regular events.
Safeguarding of Children and Vulnerable Adults
Our parish is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. The Office of Safeguarding has been established with significant resources and a powerful mandate to support Catholic communities in the Diocese of Maitland-Newcastle in safeguarding all children and vulnerable adults involved in the life and ministry of our diocese. You can access a range of information and safeguarding material on the Office of Safeguarding website