Our parish of St Josephs provides a Community Centre that is available to be hired by the general public, subject to meeting the conditions of hire.
The Community Centre is located on the same property as the church, primary school and parish office. The buildings are situated in beautiful tree-studded grounds and, despite close proximity to the town of Toronto, the environment is peaceful and secluded.
The location of Community Centre on the parish property is shown here. It is approximately 35 minutes drive from the city of Newcastle, and about 90 minutes drive from the northern outskirts of Sydney.
The Community Centre is suitable for day-hire, or can be hired for a weekend. On site accommodation is no longer available.
The Community Centre consists of 3 main buildings:
- A Dining Room and Kitchen. The dining room provides seating for about 100 persons, and includes a commercial kitchen.
- A Meeting Hall (“Community Centre Hall”), which is an old church building that can be used for indoor activities, functions or lectures. It seats about 100 persons.
- The dormitory, which is no longer available for hire.
Hire Rates and Conditions
A Booking Form outlining hire charges can be obtained by contacting the Parish Office. The nominal hire rates (including GST) are shown below, but you are encouraged to contact the Parish Office to discuss appropriate rates for your particular situation and hire needs.
|Day Hire||Weekend Hire|
|Dining Room & Kitchen||$220||$385|
|Community Centre Hall||$165||$275|
|Full Hire (includes both)||$330||$550|
The full conditions of hire are explained in the Conditions of Hire obtained from the Parish Office, but a few pertinent conditions are listed below:
- Day Hire is from 6am to 11pm on the day of hire.
- Weekend Hire is from 6pm Friday to 10pm on Sunday.
- Noise must be limited before 9am and after 11pm.
- Alcohol is not permitted in any part of the facility before 10am or after midnight.
- A refundable Security Bond is payable in addition to the hire fee when the key is picked up.
- It is compulsory that hirers of the Community Centre have Public Liability Insurance in place and provide evidence of this.
To inquire about hiring of the Community Centre, please phone the parish office on (02) 49592777, or alternatively send an email using the form below.
After inquiring, if you decide you would like to hire the facilities, please complete a Booking Form and make payment either:
- in person at the parish office,
- by mailing a cheque or
- online using the button below.
You must pay at least the $100 booking deposit to secure your booking. The balance, including a refundable $100 Security Bond, is payable before the hire commences. Bookings are not confirmed until your deposit has been received. The booking deposit is non-refundable.
On line payments (using a credit card) can be made using the link below:
- select “Parish Payment” in the drop-down option list,
- select “Toronto” as the parish from the next drop-down list, and
- type “Community Centre Hire” and your name into the Notes field.